For over 50 years our client has provided essential and indispensable chemicals to Australia’s local industries such as mining and energy, agriculture, food and beverage, water conservation and construction to name just a few. As such they are the cornerstone of much of our manufacturing and industrial sectors. They are currently seeking to appoint a seasoned Sales Manager to drive sales for their growing specialties trading business.
Reporting to the APAC Head of Sales, you will be responsible for driving sales within relevant target markets in Australia’s manufacturing sector. Whilst this role will inherit a significant and high value portfolio of existing business, the successful candidate will look to make new acquisitions and penetrate new industries. Significant growth in this area of the business is anticipated, requiring a highly driven and strategic individual to identify new areas and develop strategic relationships in existing and new industry sectors. The successful candidate will have deep experience in complex target account selling which will be essential to navigate existing large accounts and effectively penetrate new ones. This role also requires genuine hands on sales leadership ability. Initially you will have one direct sales report, with a view to grow the sales team over the next 18 – 24 months. Leading, coaching, mentoring and driving the team to success and profitable target outcomes and overachievement of team budgets will largely be done by example, at the coal face.
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must satisfy the below criteria:
- Minimum 5 years recent sales experience ideally within a related sales environment selling raw materials.
- Proven track record in high value complex sales and performance against budget.
- Ideally a strong network of contacts within the manufacturing sector
- Demonstrable track record of winning new business.
- Clear ability to develop strong long-term customer relationships.
- Strong experience in imports and supply chain / logistics required
- Proven track record of achieving team and individual sales targets.
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies and methodologies, which can be implemented company wide.
- Successful sales leadership experience, or clearly defined leadership qualities / attributes that can be clearly articulated.
This represents a great opportunity to drive the next phase of growth with a company that boasts a strong reputation and standing within the industry.
Base salary is negotiable depending on experience, with a strong bonus structure in place to reward success. You can anticipate a base salary of over 6 figures and a lucrative OTE component. To find out more please submit your CV to Luke Hart at email@example.com
03 8459 2264
Confidentiality is our highest priority. Rest assured your CV will not be sent anywhere without your expressed permission to do so.